"Why are you cast down, o my soul,
and why are you in turmoil within me?
Hope in God; for I shall again praise Him,
my salvation and my God."-Psalm 42:11
I will hope in God because He is faithful when I am not.
I will hope in God because His way is perfect, and mine is not.
I will hope in God because He keeps His promises.
I will hope in God because His word proves true.
I will hope in God because He spoke me into being.
I will hope in God because He is the Creator of the world.
I will hope in God because outside of Him I have nothing and I am nothing.
I will hope in God because He is worthy to be praised.
I will hope in God because He is my Salvation.
I will hope in God because He is my God.
Transition is tough. I've been blessed with people who are loving in patient with me. But it's still wearing. It's funny to me how a place that I was in for five months became home, and now once again I feel like I am in another foreign place.
It's tough living in a place where there is nothing and then returning to a place where there is everything. The tension of what life was like with nothing and then suddenly to have everything again...is always in the forefront of my mind.
It's hot here; but there are places that are hotter in this world. Places without air conditioning or even the slightest hint of an escape from the heat.
Yeah, sometimes the clothing in the closet gets a little dull. But there are places in Africa where "Dead White Man's Markets" exist. All the clothing that got donated to Good Will last summer? What was left over got sent to Africa. The Africans buy it and believe that the previous owners died---that's the only reason someone would give up clothing as nice as that.
Traffic may be frustrating; but there are places where owning a vehicle is not an option, and the way to get water for the morning is to walk miles and miles.
I know I've been given an experience that few have the opportunity to have. I don't expect everyone to understand or even care. I don't write these things to make everyone who reads this feel guilty about using their air conditioner, or to have clothing options. I use my air conditioner, and I have plenty of clothes. I think on these things as a reminder to be thankful for what we have, and that each thing is a blessing from the Lord.
I'm afraid of forgetting the things I saw. I'm afraid that I'll go back to who I was before I went to Africa.
I know that these are just whispers from the one who hates the refinement of the Spirit.
I know that even in transition, This God--His way is perfect. The word of the Lord proves true; He is a shield for all those who take refuge in Him. (Ps. 18:30)
Even in this transition, I know that God's way is perfect. I will hope in Him and praise Him again, for He is my salvation and my God.
No comments:
Post a Comment